Register your cases without being a NEAS center
You can register the suspected cases as preliminar. The form will ask you the contact information for the NEAS workteam to verify the information and even to provide you medical support regarding the case.
Click here to create a new preliminary registry in the NEAS database. (hyperlink to the survey)
Who can participate?
Who is a case?
- Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- Miller-Fisher syndrome.
- Unilateral/Bilateral optic neuritis reported on physical examination.
- III, IV and/or VI cranial nerves palsy reported on physical examination.
- Unilateral/Bilateral facial palsy.
- Lower/bulbar cranial nerves palsy causing hoarse/muffled voice, dysphagia or swallowing disturbances. Those findings would be reported on physical examination.
Who is a control?
NEAS collect multiple controls for each case:
- Hospital control.
- Home control.
- Neighborhood control.
- Control with a confirmed arbovirus infection, but with no neurological symptoms.
This website is curated by the Neuroimmunopathology Laboratory at the Division of Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfectious Disorders, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287. This project is funded in part by Johns Hopkins Project Restore & The Bart McLean Fund for Neuroimmunology Research.